ASI Trainer: Phil Sadler
ASI Trainer (Surfing)
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 Surfing Instructor
ASI Level 2 Surfing Instructor
ASI Level 3 Surfing Coach
ASI Surfing Instructor Water Safety Rescue Award
Phil is an experienced trainer across a range of adventure sports. He is an elite-advanced surfer, holding ASI Surfing Coach Level 3, as well as a Bachelor of Sport Science (Adventure Sports) and is a lifeguard trainer.
Phil was previously the Activities Executive at Pembrokeshire Adventure Centre, a position he has held for 8 years. He was responsible for planning logistics and safety of all activities including surf lessons and activities. He instructed surfing sessions since 2001 and now operates his own surf school.
He has experience instructing beginner to advanced surfing levels for a range of client groups at various locations around the world. He is also provides competition coaching skills with some noteable successes.
- Elite-advanced surfing skill
- Since 1989 trips regularly around UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, USA, Mexico, Australia, Indonesia, South Africa, Morocco, Canary Islands.
- Competing in local masters surfing competitions.
Coaching and Training Experience
- Full time surfing instructor since 2001 for beginner to advanced level
- Have taught young children through to adults, also able bodied and disabled regularly during this period
- Trains ASI Surfing instructors in the UK and Europe.
- Personal coach competition surfing skills
- Through the Pembs Coast Surf Club, trains the groms to improve their competition performance, 6 made the Welsh Junior Squad for 2013.
- Lectured in Surfing Theory and practical to Higher National Diploma sports students at Pembrokeshire college during 6 week long water sports modules.
- Previously worked at The Princes Trust as a senior instructor with responsibilities including staff training in surfing, lifesaving and coasteering.
- Owner Pembrokeshire Surf School
- ASI Level Trainer (Surfing)
- ASI Level 3 Surfing Coach
- S.L.S.Wales Surf Lifeguard Trainer
- PGCE Further Education and Training (Teacher)
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Adventure Sports)
- Remote Emergency Care Certificate (Emergency First Aid Level 2)
- Beach Lifeguard Trainer (National Rescue Standard)
- UK Working with children check
Newgale, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Ph Mobile: +44 07881937605