ASI Trainer: Ian Gabbitas
ASI Level 2 Trainer (Surfing)
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 Surfing Instructor
ASI Level 2 Surfing Coach
Ian Gabbitas is an elite advanced surfer, competition surfer and experienced surfing coach. He’s been surfing since a young age and instructor since 2002. Based in Cornwall, England, Ian has surfed in all types and sizes of waves ranging from ankle high beach breaks to tripple overhead reefs in locations around the world including Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Thailand.
Ian has thousands of hours of hands on instructing experience. He coaches beginner level to elite level with experience coaching the British Junior development squad. He also provides weekly competition training with some up and coming local grom surfers.
- Elite-advanced surfing skill
- 1st place in No Pro Comp
- 1st place swell board classic.
- Got through to the second day of the Hikkaduwa Pro in 2011 highest ranking UK competitor.
Coaching and Training Experience
- Trains ASI instructors in the UK.
- Surfing instructor since 2002, instructing beginner to advanced levels
- Personal coach for high performance competition surfing skills
- Manager and Deputy Head coach at surf school: Gwithian Academy of Surfing, Cornwall.
- ASI Level 1 Trainer (Surfing)
- ASI Level 3 Surfing Coach
- RLSS Beach Lifeguard certificate
- UK CRB working with children check
- Safeguarding Children Sportscoach Certificate
- Coaching Disabled Performers Sportscoach Certificate
- Speed Agility Quickness Sportscoach Certificate
Cornwall, England UK and other countries
Ph: +44 1736 756 884