Level 7 Advanced Level Surfer
The next step up from Intermediate level. Predict surf conditions to get the best waves, techniques to control the board and perform some advanced level surfing manoeuvres in surf up to 6ft.
ASI Level 7 Advanced Level Surfer is able to:
- Predict surf conditions at different surf breaks taking - weather, tide, and land formations into consideration
- Identify hazards at surfing at the advanced level
- Select a surfing location for the advanced level surfer
- Negotiate advanced level waves
- Identify different types of take-offs
- Identify techniques to control the surfboard and set up for maneouvres
Perform Surfing Manoeuvres:
- Re-entry (forehand & backhand)
- Roundhouse cut-back (forehand & backhand)
- Snap (forehand & backhand)
- Linking manoeuvres with speed and power
Experience surfing at:
- beach breaks
- reef breaks
- point breaks
- river mouth breaks
- surf up to 6 ft (2 metres)
Have Level 6 Intermediate Surfer skills and competence.
From Level 6 Intermediate Surfer, it takes approximately 220 - 450 hours to acquire Level 6 Intermediate surfer skills.
ASI Learn to Surf for Advanced Level manual
ASI Surf Wise Level 7 Learn to Surf Advanced Level Student Workbook
ASI Surf Wise Level 7 Learn to Surf Advanced Level Logbook
Surf Wise Course - Level 7 module only
8 sessions (1-2 hrs each session) + practice
You must already be a competent Level 6 Intermediate Surfer.
Learn how to predict surfing conditions based on land formations, tides and weather, identify surfing hazards, select suitable advanced level surfing location, negotiate waves, types of take-offs, techniques to control the board and set up for manoeuvres. Perform a fade, stall, re-entry, roundhouse cutback & snap (on forehand & backhand), linking manoeuvres with speed and power.
It will take approximately 220 - 450 hours of additional practice to learn these skills.
Resources: ASI Learn to Surf Advanced Level Manual & ASI Surf Wise Level 7 Learn to Surf Advanced Level Student Workbook or Logbook.
Certificate Issue: ASI Advanced Surfer Level 7 Participation Certificate.
Book into a Surf Wise Course