ASI Trainer: Stevie Boyle
ASI Level 2 SUP Trainer (Flat Water)
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
ASI Level 2 SUP Instructor (Exposed Waters)
ASI SUP Water Safety Rescue Award
Stevie has been an outdoor pursuits instructor and youth worker for 20 years, including managing activity centres.
A good portion of that time was spent in a wetsuit in the sea or Loch or a Canyon. He is a stand up paddler, surfer, climber, mountaineer, trail runner, mountain biker, skateboard rider, wakeboarder, both at work and in his spare time.
Stevie works for a charity called Strive, based in Scotland, where he is Head of Adventure. Strive runs personal and social development courses and their main clients are people aged 8 to 18.
Stevie is an experienced trainer and assessor - training SUP instructors, Coaststeering instructors and is a trainer/assess for Surf Lifesaving courses. He is also the Scotland East Coast representative for the National Coasteering Charter.
Stand Up Paddle Experience
- Supping since 2010, in Scotland and locations around the world
- SUP Surfed Scotland east coast, Northumberland as well as the outer Hebrides. California (Santa Cruz area) and Australia. Flat water paddling including distance paddles 10km plus.
- Scotland based, extensive knowledge of the East Lothian Coast line, using the lochs and rivers of the Lomond and Trossachs national park, Mull, Ardnamurchan and Harris
Coaching and Training Experience
- Trains ASI Stand Up Paddle instructors in Scotland and other locations
- Personal coach for SUP paddling skills
- SUP Instructor: beginner to advanced levels (flat water and exposed waters)
- Head of Adventure, Strive at Scotland, offering a range of adventure activities, and SUP School activities
- Trains people to be surf lifesaver
- Trains people to be coaststeering instructors
- Volunteer trainer at the Dunbar surf lifesaving club.
- Facilitates a trainee instructor scheme, through Strive.
- Writes and maintain STRiVE adventure risk assessment and maintain AALA license since 2004
- Delivers CPD training as East Coast Representative for the National Coasteering Charter.
- ASI Level 2 SUP Trainer (Flat Water)
- ASI SUP Rescue Trainer (Flat Water)
- ASI Level 1 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
- ASI Level 2 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Exposed Waters)
- ASI SUP Instructor Water Rescue Award (Flat Water)
- Coasteering Guide Trainer (BRAWA and NCC)
- Surf Lifesaving Great Britain (SLSGB) Trainer/Assessor
- SLSGB Surf Life Guard qualification (UK highest lifeguarding qualification).
- First Aid certificate
- Mountain Leader (SML)
- Mountain Instructor Award (MIA)
- Winter Mountain Leader (WML)
- Single Pitch Rock Climbing Instructor (SPA)
- Mountain Bike Leader (TCL)
- Coasteering Guide
- East Coast Rep for the National Coasteering Charter
East Lothian, Scotland UK
Ph Mobile: +44 7896793009