ASI Trainer: Stevie Boyle
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
ASI Level 2 SUP Instructor (Exposed Waters)
ASI SUP Water Safety Rescue Award (Flat Water)
ASI SUP Wise for Instructors
Stevie has been an outdoor pursuits instructor and youth worker for 20 years, including managing activity centres.
A good portion of that time was spent in a wetsuit in the sea or Loch or a Canyon. He is a stand up paddler, surfer, climber, mountaineer, trail runner, mountain biker, skateboard rider, wakeboarder, both at work and in his spare time.
Stevie is co founder of Ocean Vertical. on the rugged coastline of East Lothian, 25 miles east of Edinburgh specialising in paddle boarding, coasteering, surfing, climbing and mountaineering locally and across Scotland 365
Stevie is an experienced trainer and assessor - training SUP instructors, Coaststeering instructors and is a trainer/assess for Surf Lifesaving courses. He is also the Scotland East Coast representative for the National Coasteering Charter.
Stand Up Paddle Experience
- Supping since 2010, in Scotland and locations around the world
- SUP Surfed Scotland east coast, Northumberland as well as the outer Hebrides. California (Santa Cruz area) and Australia. Flat water paddling including distance paddles 10km plus.
- Scotland based, extensive knowledge of the East Lothian Coast line, using the lochs and rivers of the Lomond and Trossachs national park, Mull, Ardnamurchan and Harris
Coaching and Training Experience
- Trains ASI Stand Up Paddle instructors in Scotland and other locations
- Personal coach for SUP paddling skills
- SUP Instructor: beginner to advanced levels (flat water and exposed waters)
- 15 year of youth work and personal and social development programs for local charities
- Trains/assesses people to be surf lifeguard
- Trains people to be coaststeering instructors and guide
- Volunteer trainer at the Dunbar surf lifesaving club.
- Facilitates a trainee instructor schemes
- Writes and maintains Ocean Verticals risk assessment and maintain AALA license since 2004
- Delivers CPD training as East Coast Representative for the National Coasteering Charter.
- ASI Level 2 SUP Trainer (Flat Water)
- ASI SUP Rescue Trainer (Flat Water)
- ASI Level 1 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
- ASI Level 2 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Exposed Waters)
- Level 3 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (downwind)
- ASI SUP Instructor Water Rescue Award (Flat Water)
- Coasteering Guide Trainer
- Surf Lifesaving Great Britain (SLSGB) Trainer/Assessor
- SLSGB Surf Life Guard qualification (UK highest lifeguarding qualification).
- First Aid certificate
- Mountain Leader (SML)
- Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor (trainee)
- Winter Mountain Leader (WML)
- Single Pitch Rock Climbing Instructor (RCI)
- Mountain Bike Leader (TCL)
- Coasteering Guide
- East Coast Rep for the National Coasteering Charter
- Level 3 Award In Education and Training.
- Technically Adviser for paddle boarding and Coasteering.
East Lothian, Scotland UK