ASI Trainer: Ricardo Haverschmidt
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
ASI Level 2 SUP Instructor (Exposed Waters)
ASI Level 3 SUP Instructor (Downwind & Distance Paddling)
ASI SUP Instructor Water Rescue (Flat Water)
SUP Wise for Instructors
Ricardo is an experienced paddler and outdoor and watersports person. Since a young age, he has been fascinated by water and outdoor sports.
He studied Sports Science in the Netherlands and then worked as Watersports Instructor for 7 years as a guide in outdoor activities and instruction in stand up paddle, lifeguarding, including stand up paddle, swimming, snow skiing, sailing, surfing, rafting, canoeing kitesurfing. He also worked extensively with school children creating and delivering outdoor activity programs.
Ricardo is an experienced trainer and was previously responsible for training other Watersports instructors.
His SUP school is based at Haarlem and has delivered thousands of hours of SUP lessons from beginner to elite-advanced and downwinding for individuals to corporates to disadvantaged, at a range of locations around the Netherlands.
Ricardo is also currently an elite paddler and Teamrider for Mistral. He regularly competes in stand up paddle racing and downwinding competitions at local, national and international level, including the 11 City Sup Tour in Friesland, where in 2015 he ended up at the 8th place in a strong international field.
Stand Up Paddle Experience
- Elite SUP distance, tours, downwinding skills
- Teamrider for Mistral. (Previous teamrider for Fanatic and Ion Benelux)
- Regularly competes in stand up paddle racing
- 11 City Sup Tour competitor. 2015 placed 8th in 2015. Placed 1st in team event in 2013. Placed 5th in 2012.
- Race details listed at: http://www.fanatic.com/team/ricardo-haverschmidt/
- 2014 1st Redbull Paddle Battle in Scheveningen (Holland), 2nd Beach Race Oostende (Belgium), 2nd Beach race Blankeberge (Belgium), 3rd Battle of the Coast Zandvoort (Holland), 3rd NK Series Rotterdam (Holland), 3rd NK Series Hardewijk (Holland)
- 2013: 1st Eleven city tour Friesland (team competition). 3rd Overall Battle of the fastest 12,6 (Holland). 3rd Overall Dutch National Championships 14ft. 3rd Haarlem 20K (Holland)
- 2012: 1st Haarlem 25K Hightide Race (Holland), 2nd SUPking Summer Series Amsterdam (Holland), 2nd Naish Battle of the Fastest Makkum (Holland), 2nd Dutch National, championships 14ft Overall, 3rd Dutch Championship Noordwijk 12’6 (Holland), 5th SUP 11 City Tour (Holland)
Coaching and Training Experience
- Trains ASI Stand Up Paddle instructors in Netherlands and Europe.
- Personal coach for SUP paddling skills, elite SUP downwind and competition racing.
- SUP Instructor: flat water, exposed waters, beginner to elite SUP surfing, downwinding, advanced racing.
- Owner of Free Movement, stand up paddle school, establish 2013.
- Head Coach of Watersports centre, responsible for training and teaching instructors
- Watersports instructor for 7 years instructing a range of sports including stand up paddle, swimming, snow skiing, sailing, surfing, rafting, canoeing kitesurfing.
- Group leader creating and delivering outdoor activity programs for school children.
- ASI SUP Trainer Level 3
- ASI SUP Rescue Trainer (Flat Water)
- ASI Level 1 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
- ASI Level 2 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Exposed Waters)
- ASI Level 3 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Downwind and Distance Paddling)
- ASI SUP Instructor Water Safety Rescue Award
- Lifeguard qualification
- Swimming Teacher qualification
- Ski Instructor qualification
- Massage qualification
- Personal trainer qualification
- Sailing lesson qualification
- Diploma CIOS Sports and Exercise Coordinator | Level 4 (2006-2010)
Haarlem, The Netherlands