ASI Trainer: Chris Kenyon
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
ASI SUP Water Rescue Award (Flat Water)
ASI SUP Wise for Instructors
Chris Kenyon set up and is the director of Central SUP based in the Midlands, England. Chris has been a pioneer in developing the SUP scene in both this area and amongst the ever growing community of clubs across the UK. He is currently club advisor for UK SUP clubs. Chris is also a regular contributor to a number of SUP magazines as well.
In addition to this Chris is a fully qualified teacher and has taught acting since 2000. His experience as a teacher in planning curriculum, teaching and assessing has been a useful set of skills for him as a SUP trainer.
Chris also competes on a regular basis in the 12’6 flatwater race category and has done for the last two years. He enjoys SUP surfing as well as recreational paddling in his spare time.
He is also a surfer with over 20 years surfing experience and has worked as a volunteer water sports instructor for a range of water based activities including SUP since 2010.
Stand Up Paddle Experience
- Team Rider Starboard SUP UK since 2010
- Regular SUP race competitor (including Head of the DART 12’6 race class, Battle of the Thames 12’6 race class, Watergate UK national surf championship, Midlands 5 winter race series, Frostbite race series, Eton Downey SUP clubs championship)
- Involved in developing the UK SUP clubs race scene and SUP in the UK
- Experienced in running SUP events and races.
Coaching and Training Experience
- Personal coach for SUP skills and clinics in flat water paddling
- Volunteer water sports activities instructor with SUP focus. 2010
- Accredited SUP instructor since April 2012
- Owner of Central SUP school operating since April 2012
- SUP Club advisor for setting up and operating clubs, racing and coaching
- Education department teacher
- ASI Level 1 SUP Trainer (Flat Water)
- ASI SUP Water Safety Rescue Trainer
- ASI Level 1 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
- ASI Level 2 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Exposed Waters)
- ASI SUP Instructor Water Rescue Award (Flat Water)
- Aquatic First Aid Level 1 (BCU Lifeguards) certificate
- National Powerboat Certificate RYA
- PADI Open Water Diver
- UK DBS Enhanced Working With Children Check
- BA (HONS) Theatre Acting. Leeds University. July 2000
- Certificate in Education. City and Guilds. 2002
- Disability Equality Training. Birmingham College 2012
- Safeguarding Young Adults Level 2. Birmingham College 2012
Tamworth Midlands, England, UK