(Workshop) SUP Instructor Professional Skills Update
Carbis Bay St Ives, Cornwall England UK
Times and Dates
10:00 am - 13:00 pm
01-October-2023 - 01-October-2023
Bring to Workshop
Workshops. Full refund less £50 administration fee provided on minimum notice of 14 days prior to workshop date. Online courses, no refund paid once application has been processed. More info.
ASI office. 3-5 Foundry Lane
Hayle Cornwall TR27 4HD England UK
Limited parking in car park and also off street parking in streets close by (free). On weekends, it is easy to get parking.
On Water Practical
Carbis Bay, St Ives TR26 2NW Cornwall
at Ocean Sports Centre (on the beach),
There is limited parking available. Parking fees apply. Approximately £5 per day.
This course is FREE to ASI SUP Instructors with current ASI accreditation/membership.
SUP Instructor Professional Skills Update Course
Sunday. 1 October 2023. 10am to 1pm (3 hours)
Ocean Sports Centre are providing local support for the ASI training, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
Glenn Eldridge Biography
Some accommodation options are listed below, Distances to training room in Hayle:
- Travelodge, Hayle TR27 5DG (5 min drive) website
- Premier Inn, Hayle. (5 min drive) webiste
- White Heart Hotel, Hayle - TR27 4HQ (5 min walk) website
- Gwithian Holiday Apartments, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (10 mins drive) website
- Red River Inn, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (10 mins drive) website
- Cohert Hostel, St Ives - TR26 1FF (15 mins drive) website
- The Badger Inn, St Ives - TR26 3JT (10 mins drive) website
Camping & Cabins
- Hellesveor Holidays Caravan & Camping - TR26 3AD (15 mins drive) website
- Polmanter Caravan & Camping - TR26 3LX (15 mins drive) website
- Ayr Holiday Park - TR26 1EJ Camping & Cabins (20 mins drive) website
Newquay. (Approx. 38 miles, 50 minute drive to training venue)
Taxi's and car rentals available at airport.
Closest train station:
Carbis Bay Railway Station. Next to the training venue at Carbis Bay hotel. 5 minute walk.
Closest bus station:
Carbis Bay, Count House Lane (stop). 10 minute walk
The following equipment and clothing is required to complete the training:
- SUP all round board & coiled leash
- SUP paddling clothing
If you are travelling and don’t have your SUP board or SUP gear, you can hire it from Ocean Sports Centre.
Ph: +44 7533 695 031
Please contact the trainer in advance to organise.
Carbis Bay is a seaside resort in Cornwall, only one mile south east of St Ives.
It is a sheltered bay with Mediterranean blue waters and offers ideal supping conditions.
Inland flat water locations are close by at Hayle and St Ives.
Outside the bay, is excellent downwinding conditions with a range of routes depending on the prevailing wind conditions.
Right on the water, at Carbis Bay, is a restaurant and a cafe, changing rooms and parking facilities.
Nearby St Ives offers a range of activities and the famous Tate Gallery. The beach and coastline offers stunning ocean views.