(Workshop) SUP Instructor L1 & L2
Carbis Bay, St Ives, Cornwall, England, UK
Times and Dates
9:00 am - 17:00 pm
16-July-2022 - 18-July-2022
12 months ASI membership
Bring to Workshop
ASI office. 14-15 Dowren House, 3-5 Foundry Lane
Hayle Cornwall TR27 4HD England UK
Limited parking in car park and also off street parking in streets close by (free). On weekends, it is easy to get parking.
A large park and display car park is a few minutes walk away. 3 to 4 hours - £4.50 / 24 hours - £5.40 Map
On Water Practical
Carbis Bay, St Ives TR26 2NW Cornwall
at Ocean Sports Centre (on the beach),
There is limited parking available. Parking fees apply. Approximately £5 per day.
On Water Practical
Level 1 Practical is held at Hayle River.
Approx. 5 mins drive from training room
Practical location may change depending on conditions.
This enrolment option is a one stop enrolment form covering the below courses.
Note: SUP Rescue and SUP Wise Intensiv courses are required in order to gain your ASI SUP instructor qualification.
Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
Sat-Sun. 16-17 July 2022. 9am to 5pm (2 days)
Level 2 SUP Instructor (Exposed Waters)
Monday. 18 July 2022. 9am to 5pm (1 day)
Ocean Sports Centre are providing local support for the ASI training, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
PRACTICAL HOURS EXPERIENCE
Ocean Sports Centre can provide practical hours instructing experience.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
Some accommodation options are listed below, Distances to training room in Hayle:
- Travelodge, Hayle TR27 5DG (5 min drive) website
- Premier Inn, Hayle. (5 min drive) webiste
- White Heart Hotel, Hayle - TR27 4HQ (5 min walk) website
- Coast B&B, Carbis Bay - TR26 2RT (10 mins drive) website
- Gwithian Holiday Apartments, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (15 mins drive) website
- Cohert Hostel, St Ives - TR26 1FF (15 mins drive) website
- The Badger Inn, St Ives - TR26 3JT (10 mins drive) website
- Green Apple B&B, St Ives - TR26 2SX (10 min drive) website
Camping & Cabins
- Hellesveor Holidays Caravan & Camping - TR26 3AD (15 mins drive) website
- Polmanter Caravan & Camping - TR26 3LX (15 mins drive) website
- Ayr Holiday Park - TR26 1EJ Camping & Cabins (20 mins drive) website
- Carbis Bay Hotel - TR26 2NP (10 mins drive) website
- Headland House B&B - TR26 2NS (10 mins drive) website
Newquay. (Approx. 38 miles, 50 minute drive to training venue)
Taxi's and car rentals available at airport.
Closest train station:
Carbis Bay Railway Station. Next to the training venue at Carbis Bay hotel. 5 minute walk.
Closest bus station:
Carbis Bay, Count House Lane (stop). 10 minute walk
The following equipment and clothing is required to complete the training:
- SUP board & coiled leash
- SUP clothing
If you are travelling and don’t have your SUP board or SUP gear, you can hire it from Ocean Sports Centre.
Ph: +44 7533 695 031
Please contact the trainer in advance to organise.
Equipment can be stored overnight at the venue.
Carbis Bay is a seaside resort in Cornwall, only one mile south east of St Ives.
It is a sheltered bay with Mediterranean blue waters and offers ideal supping conditions.
Inland flat water locations are close by at Hayle and St Ives.
Outside the bay, is excellent downwinding conditions with a range of routes depending on the prevailing wind conditions.
Right on the water, at Carbis Bay, is a restaurant and a cafe, changing rooms and parking facilities.
Nearby St Ives offers a range of activities and the famous Tate Gallery. The beach and coastline offers stunning ocean views.