(Workshop) Level 3 Surfing Coach
Gwithian, Cornwall, England, UK
Times and Dates
9:00 am - 17:00 pm
25-March-2023 - 26-March-2023
12 months ASI membership
Bring to Workshop
Workshops. Full refund less £50 administration fee provided on minimum notice of 14 days prior to workshop date. Online courses, no refund paid once application has been processed. More info.
Usual Rate: GBPGBP £ 280
ASI office. 3-5 Foundry Lane
Hayle Cornwall TR27 4HD England UK
Limited parking in car park and also off street parking in streets close by (free). On weekends, it is easy to get parking.
A large park and display car park is a few minutes walk away. 3 to 4 hours - £4.50 / 24 hours - £5.40 Map
(about 10 mins drive from training room)
is held at Gwithian Academy of Surfing
1 Godrevy Towans, Gwithian, Hayle, Cornwall. TR27 5ED.
Pay and Display car park next to the venue and free parking on the road
Level 3 Surfing Coach
Saturday-Sunday. 25-26 March 2022. 9am to 5pm (2 days)
Gwithian Academy of Surfing are providing local support for the ASI Surfing Instructor workshops, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
Gwithian Academy of Surfing can provide practical hours instructing experience.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
Ian Warwick Biography
Some accommodation options are listed below, Distances to training room in Hayle:
- Travelodge, Hayle TR27 5DG (5 min drive) website
- Premier Inn, Hayle. (5 min drive) webiste
- White Heart Hotel, Hayle - TR27 4HQ (5 min walk) website
- Gwithian Holiday Apartments, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (10 mins drive) website
- Red River Inn, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (10 mins drive) website
- Cohert Hostel, St Ives - TR26 1FF (15 mins drive) website
- The Badger Inn, St Ives - TR26 3JT (10 mins drive) website
Camping & Cabins
- Hellesveor Holidays Caravan & Camping - TR26 3AD (15 mins drive) website
- Polmanter Caravan & Camping - TR26 3LX (15 mins drive) website
- Ayr Holiday Park - TR26 1EJ Camping & Cabins (20 mins drive) website
- Carbis Bay Hotel - TR26 2NP (10 mins drive) website
- Headland House B&B - TR26 2NS (10 mins drive) website
Newquay (Approx. 38 miles, 50 minute drive to training venue)
Taxi's and car rentals available at airport.
Exeter (104 miles, about 1 hr 45 mins drive)
Bristol (182 miles, about 3 hrs drive)
London Heathrow (264 miles. about 4.5 hours drive)
Direct train to Hayle (about 5.5 hrs)
Closest train station:
Carbis Bay. Next to the training venue at Carbis Bay hotel. 5 minute walk.
Hayle. 10 mins walk to the training room at Hayle.
Closest bus station:
Carbis Bay, Count House Lane (stop). 10 minute walk to beach
Hayle. 5 mins walk to training room
Please bring the following equipment:
- Fibreglass surfboard to demonstrate surfing skills and practice lesson delivery.
- Surf clothing
If you are travelling and don't have your surfboard or surf gear, you can hire it from the trainer.
Contact: Ian on: +44 7825368468
Gwithian and St Ives Bay is one of the best places to surf in Britain. The north end of the bay picks up almost every bit of swell that the Atlantic can throw at it so in the summer you can get a wave on the smallest of days.
The choice of surf spots when the swell is bigger is mind-boggling however. The beaches that Cornwall is famous for come alive with everything from wedges, reefs and pointbreaks, all just a short walk or drive away from the our training venue.
When you are tired from surfing all day head into St Ives with its many cafes and bars for a well earned drink or take a wander around the world famous Tate Gallery.
The Gwithian area of Cornwall really does have something to offer everyone.