(Flexible Trainer) SUP Wise for Instructors-Enrol Anytime
Carbis Bay, St Ives, Cornwall, England, UK
Times and Dates
9:00 am - 17:00 pm
07-January-2021 - 31-December-2021
Online training manuals
Bring to Workshop
This is an on-line e-learning course
Practical is completed with a trainer
Bring SUP board/gear
Complete theory online - work from home.
Complete practical session with an ASI Trainer.
Location: practical session with trainer
Ocean Sports Centre (on the beach), Carbis Bay, St Ives TR26 2NW Cornwall
There is limited parking available. Parking fees apply. Approximately £5 per day.
NOTE: You can only enrol in this course if you are currently enrolled in the ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water) course.
This is an online course, with practical session completed with a trainer.
Complete the online learning theory first, using the ASI e-learning platform. Then contact your trainer to complete your practical session. Date and time is organised with a trainer to suit your schedule. There is a maximum of 2 people and the hours may slightly change depending if it is one person or two people.
If you are enrolled in more than one course, the sessions are held on the same day.
PRACTICAL SESSION SCHEDULE
Total duration: 1 hour
SUP Wise for Instructors
Ocean Sports Centre are providing local support for the ASI Instructor workshops, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
See SUP / Courses page.
Some accommodation options are listed below:
- Coast B&B, Carbis Bay - TR26 2RT (15 mins walk) £45 - £85 per night website
- The Atlantic Hotel, Carbis Bay - TR26 2SB (15 mins walk) £50 - £85 per night website
- Cohert Hostel, St Ives - TR26 1FF (20 min walk. 10 mins drive). £18 share room. £40 per night private website
- The Badger Inn, St Ives - TR26 3JT (20 min walk. 5 mins drive) £60 per night website
- Green Apple B&B, St Ives - TR26 2SX (10 min walk.) £40 per night website website
- Travelodge Premier Inn, Hayle - TR27 5DG (10-15 mins drive) ₤30 - ₤70 per night website
- Nanterrowfarm B&B, Hayle - TR27 5BP (20-25 min drive). ₤25 per night website
- Open Lodge B&B, Hayle - TR14 0JJ (20-25 min drive). ₤25 per night Ph: 01209610651
- White Heart Hotel, Hayle - TR27 4HQ (10-15 mins drive) £50 - £85 per night website
- Gwithian Holiday Apartments, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (18-25 mins drive) ₤50 - ₤75 per night. Min 2 nights. website
Camping & Cabins
- Hellesveor Holidays Caravan & Camping - TR26 3AD (10-15 mins drive) Camping £20 - £27 per night. Cabins min. 3 nights £60 - 80 per night website
- Polmanter Caravan & Camping - TR26 3LX (10-15 mins drive) website
- Ayr Holiday Park - TR26 1EJ Camping & Cabins (10-20 mins drive) website
Newquay. (Approx. 38 miles, 50 minute drive to training venue)
Taxi's and car rentals available at airport.
Closest train station:
Carbis Bay Railway Station. Next to the training venue at Carbis Bay hotel. 5 minute walk.
Closest bus station:
Carbis Bay, Count House Lane (stop). 10 minute walk
The following equipment and clothing is required to complete the training:
- SUP board, paddle & coiled leash
- SUP clothing
- Access to computer
For the practical session with trainer
If you are travelling and don’t have your SUP board or SUP gear, you can loan it from Ocean Sports Centre.
Ph: +44 7533 695 031
Please contact the trainer in advance to organise.
Carbis Bay is a seaside resort in Cornwall, only one mile south east of St Ives.
It is a sheltered bay with Mediterranean blue waters and offers ideal supping conditions.
Inland flat water locations are close by at Hayle and St Ives.
Outside the bay, is excellent downwinding conditions with a range of routes depending on the prevailing wind conditions.
Right on the water, at Carbis Bay, is a restaurant and a cafe, changing rooms and parking facilities.
Nearby St Ives offers a range of activities and the famous Tate Gallery. The beach and coastline offers stunning ocean views.