(Apprenticeship) Level 1 Surfing Instructor-Enrol Anytime
Gwithian, Cornwall, UK
Times and Dates
9:00 am - 17:00 pm
01-January-2021 - 31-December-2021
Online training manuals
Beginner softboards (for use in course)
12 months ASI membership
Bring to Workshop
Enrol at any time. Complete practical on-the-job instruction experience, assessments and course requirements, under the guidance of an ASI Trainer at an ASI Instructor Training Centre.
The ASI trainer will organise your practical hours, check your assessments as you progress though the course and provide assistance as required.
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING CENTRE
Gwithian Academy of Surfing are providing local support for the ASI Surfing Instructor workshops, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
- White Heart Hotel, Hayle. TR27 4HQ (5 min walk to training room)
- Travelodge Premier Inn, Hayle. TR27 5DG (1 mile / 5 min drive) website
- Red River Inn, Hotel and self catering. Gwithian (5-10 mins drive) website
- Gwithian Holiday Apartments, Gwithian. TR27 5BW (5-10 mins drive) website
- Nanterrowfarm B&B, Hayle. TR27 5BP. (15 mins walk to Gwithian) website
- Open Lodge B&B, Hayle TR14 0JJ. (1.5 miles. 15 min walk to Gwithian ) Ph: 01209610651
Lowenac Hotel, Camborne. TR14 8SL (6 miles / 15 mins drive)
Newquay (34 miles from training venue, approx 40 min drive)
Taxi's & Car Rentals available at airport.
Exeter (104 miles, about 1 hr 45 mins drive)
Bristol (182 miles, about 3 hrs drive)
London Heathrow (264 miles. about 4.5 hours drive)
Direct train to Hayle (about 5.5 hrs)
Closest train station:
Hayle (4 minute walk from train)
Camborne (5.8 miles / 13 min drive to training venue)
Closest bus station:
Hayle (5 minute walk to training venue)
The following equipment and clothing is required to complete the training:
- Surf clothing
- Fibreglass surfboard to demonstrate ASI Level 7 advanced surfing skills.
- Computer to access ASI online learning
- Video camera / phone or camera to take surfing video or photos
Your instructor training centre will provide:
- Beginner soft-top boards with soft fins and leash
- Access to ASI surf school to complete your practical hours training
Gwithian and St Ives Bay is one of the best places to surf in Britain. The north end of the bay picks up almost every bit of swell that the Atlantic can throw at it so in the summer you can get a wave on the smallest of days.
The choice of surf spots when the swell is bigger is mind-boggling however. The beaches that Cornwall is famous for come alive with everything from wedges, reefs and pointbreaks, all just a short walk or drive away from the our training venue.
When you are tired from surfing all day head into St Ives with its many cafes and bars for a well earned drink or take a wander around the world famous Tate Gallery.
The Gwithian area of Cornwall really does have something to offer everyone.