ASI Trainer: Leanne Bird
Qualified to Train:
ASI SUP Yoga Teacher
ASI SUP Fitness Instructor Level 1 and 2
Leanne is an experienced Fitness, Yoga and SUP Yoga instructor. She set up her Fitness and SUP business in 2012 to follow her passion for fitness, well-being, adventure and the outdoors.
Leanne was a water baby from a young age, learning to swim at 3 years old. At 7 years she joined her local swimming club, winning several spring and winter club championships and several other medals and rosettes over the next 7/8 years. Swimming 8 times a week plus events and land training twice a week, Leanne was a fit and active child, into any sport she could get involved in, from hockey to running, from football to dance. It was also during these years that Leanne developed her interest and understanding of fitness itself and from a young age could complete exercises proficiently and understand training principles.
She captained the Southampton Water Polo team at University, was captain of the Lampeter Ladies Football Team, started surfing and become a Yoga Teacher (member of Yoga Alliance UK), a Personal Trainer (member of REPS) and is a Sports Massage Therapist (member of FHT),
Continuing her interest for water, Leanne combined her love for yoga, paddleboarding and the environment to become a Paddleboard Yoga Instructor, being the first to do so in West Wales. Through her SUP and well being business, Birdsol, she provides paddle board, SUP Yoga, yoga and fitness activities.
Stand Up Paddle Experience
- Experienced supping at enclosed flat water and exposed waters locations, in UK and Europe.
- Practicing SUP Yoga & Fitness since 2014
Coaching and Training Experience
- Trains ASI Stand Up Paddle Yoga instructors in Wales, UK and Europe
- Stand Up Paddle Instructor enclosed flat water and exposed waters since 2014.
- Delivering SUP Yoga sessions since 2014
- Yoga teacher since 2014, conducting yoga workshops and retreats across Wales, UK and Europe
- Personal trainer conducting fitness sessions on a weekly basis in both group classes and one to one.
- Owner of BirdSol and subsidiary businesses Surfing Bird and HAWC (Health and Wellbeing in Communities), providing SUP and SUP Yoga activities.
- ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
- ASI Level 2 SUP Instructor (Exposed Waters)
- Aquatic First Aid Certificate
- Beach Lifeguard (including First Aid)
- Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists
- Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- 1 Star Kayaking
- Football Leaders Award
- Alcohol Brief Intervention Training
- Disability Inclusion Training
- Member of the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS)
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- ASI SUP Yoga Trainer
- ASI SUP Yoga Instructor
- Member of Yoga Alliance
- 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
- CPD with Yoga Satsang Ashram
Pembrokeshire, Wales UK