(Workshop) L3 SUP Instructor (Downwind)
Ettalong Beach, Central Coast NSW Australia
Times and Dates
9:00 am - 17:00 pm
03-September-2023 - 03-September-2023
12 months ASI membership
Bring to Workshop
SUP downwind board-leash-paddle
SUP clothing & accessories
Workshops. Full refund less €60 administration fee provided on minimum notice of 14 days prior to workshop date. Online courses, no refund paid once application has been processed. More info
Usual Rate: Australian Dollars.AUD $ 295
1 Picnic Parade
Ettalong Beach. NSW 2257
(cnr. Picnic Parade & Maitland Bay Drive)
Free parking on site
This enrolment option is a one stop enrolment form covering the below courses.
- ASI SUP Wise-Downwind Skills course is a pre-requisite to enrolling in the SUP Downwind instructor course. You can enrol in both of these courses at the same time.
See Find Courses – choose combined course
- You should hold an ASI Level 2 SUP Instructor (Exposed Waters) certificate or be currently completing it.
- A Surf Rescue certificate is required in order to gain your ASI SUP instructor qualification. This can be submitted before or after the workshop.
Level 3 SUP Instructor (Downwind)
Sunday. 3 September 2023. 9am to 5pm (1 day)
Bombora Ettalong Beach SUP are providing local support for the ASI training, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
SUP WISE-DOWNWIND SKILLS
Is held on: Saturday. 2 September 2023. 9am to 5pm (1 day)
Enrol on ASI website find courses
ASI offers online surf rescue courses.
Will Anido Biography
Driving: 100km (62 miles) north of Sydney city centre (approx 1.5 hours)
(1) Sydney airport. Approx. 1.5 hours drive.
Hire cars at airport.
Train from airport is easy.
Catch Rail Link train from Airport to Central Station (approx 10 mins). Rail Link timetables info
Change at Central Station for Tuggerah station at the Central Coast. Take Central Coast-Newcastle Line (approx. 1 hour) timetable
Tuggerah rail station to training venue (15 mins drive). Taxi's at station but best to book in advance)
(2) Newcastle airport. Approx. 1 hour drive. No train or bus services.
Closest Train Station:
Closest Bus Stop:
Please bring the following equipment:
- Downwind board (eg 12ft’ 6”)
- Coiled leash & paddle
- SUP paddling clothing
- Hydration (eg camel back or water bottle)
- Watch – ideally a GPS watch
If you are travelling and don’t have your SUP board or SUP gear, you can rent it from the trainer.
Contact: Will Anido. Ph: +61 404 655 134
The Central Coast is a supping jewel only 1.5 hours from Sydney city centre. With amazing inland waterways, stunning beaches, affordable accommodation and uncrowded waterways. The choice of flat water, exposed waters and surf locations will leave you breathless.
The Central Coast also has as good as ideal conditions as Australia gets for downwind and distance paddling.
The paddling scenery is amazing with headlands, cliffs and nature reserves.