Learn how to stand up paddle and have SUP lessons and tours at SUP Bazis an ASI accredited learn to stand up paddle school, located at Poroszló, Hungary.
Only 1.5 hours drive from Budapest, with SUP sessions held on Lake Tisza, the largest artificial inland lake in Hungry. It’s a paradise for stand up paddling.
Meet the Team
SUP Bazis is owned and operated by Ildiko Kocsis. She is an outdoors sports enthusiast, experienced stand up paddler, with windsurf, wakeboard and snowboarding skills. Having paddled in various locations around the world, Ildiko previously set up and operated her own SUP school in Sri Lanka. She also has a University degree communication sciences, Economic Studies and Economic Management.
Based on the experience from operating the SUP School overseas, Ildiko set up the SUP school in Hungary (her home country). There were SUP rental businesses in Hungary, but no-one offering lessons, tours and more advanced skills. Even through SUP looks easy, it requires practice and education to learn correct technique and be able to paddle with confidence.
The aim is to provide an environmentally friendly framework, where people can learn to SUP or progress their SUP skills, learn about SUP safety, join in SUP community events, and feel part of the SUP community.
Ildiko is an ASI SUP Instructor holding water rescue and first aid qualifications. She is assisted in the SUP school by other ASI accredited SUP instructors.
SUP Bazis offers group and private lessons, SUP Tours SUP Wise programs, rentals and community events.
SUP activities include:
- The “SUP Bázis Social SUP program” for underprivileged children living in our area.
- Ambassador of the Starboard SUPKIDS program in Hungary.
- We train not just hobby paddlers, but junior SUP racers (Ms. Csillag Kocsis has the best results in her age class) as well.
- Team building courses.
- Group trainings
- SUP Camp (5 consecutive days, adults and kids)
- #sup4cleanup program, which is a social program for cleaning the Lake-Tisza
They welcome everyone between the ages of 8 and 120.
- Guests who want to be fit.
- Visitors with own equipment or renters.
- From beginner to competitor.
- Group or individual education.
- Multi-day adult or children's camp.
- Team building groups.
- School groups
They also have a shop with a selection of high quality boards and equipment suitable for people of different skills and weight.
Our strongest motivation is that 99.9% of our guests/members responded positively, learn skills, develop confidence, understand how to paddle with safety and can obtain quality SUP gear.
At the SUP Bázis you will find everything you need:
- changing room
- shady chill zone
- drinking water
- selective trash cans
- thermo flask
- safe for belongings
- car parking
- bike storage
- bean bags
- balance board
- cleaning tools
- board storage
- and of course we provide paddles, vest, leash, waterproof bag and phone case, surf shoes, rash-guard, etc..
SUP lessons, tours and activities are held at Lake Tisza, set in the Hortobágy National Park. It is only 1.5 hours drive from Budapest and is the largest artificial lake in Hungary covering 127 square kms, is 27 kms in length, with a large number of small islands.
It is a popular tourist destination, with excellent tourism facilities. In 1999, Hortobágy National Park, was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and has a diversity of birds (over 200 species), plants and animals.
SUP sessions are also held on the nearby River Tisza, Hungary’s largest river system, that crosses the whole country.
There are ideal conditions for stand up paddling. Have SUP lessons at the SUP Bazis school located in a sheltered place on the lake. There is a range of SUP tours to explore the lake, its Islands and numerous small bays. SUP marathons and races are held in other parts of the lake and river.
It is a wonderful place to experience stand up paddling, to see wildlife as you paddle along and enjoy being in scenic natural surroundings.
Lake Tisza permanent nature exhibition called Ökocentrum
The Giant Freshwater aquarium of Hungary, https://tiszataviokocentrum.hu/?lang=2
Hortobágy National Park: https://www.hnp.hu/en
- Water tour on Lake Tisza – Bird Sancturary: SUP, kayak, canoe, motor boat.
- Water observation stations: Bölömbika observation tower, FattyúszerkÅ‘ observation tower, Küszvágó csér observation tower
- Lake Tisza Boardwalk: 2000 steps above the water: https://www.hnp.hu/en/szervezeti-egyseg/tourism/oldal/lake-tisza-boardwalk-ecotouristic-trail
- Bike tour around Lake Tisza, bike path distance: 70 or 95 km
- Horse riding
Where to eat:
Graefl Major, (self-sustaining economy project, Hotel and restaurant): https://graefl.hu/en/
Aranyosi Dombi Udvarház: http://aranyosidomb.hu/
Füzes Chees Manufactory – Füzes SajtmÅ±hely: https://www.asajtmuhely.hu/
Fehéramúr Fisherman Tavern – Fehéramúr Halászcsárda: http://www.feheramur.hu/
Kormorán Restaurant: http://kormoranetterem.hu/
Strudel House of Poroszló: https://www.facebook.com/100063812372281
Check out first our lovely nest for SUPpers and reserve your individual house as soon as you can to get it!
Lotus Apartment Lake Tisza
Address: H-3388 Poroszlo, Napsugar str. 16., Hungary
Price range: 60 – 80 EUR/ night / full property
400m from the SUP Bázis
Or you know Booking.com and search for “Poroszlo”