ASI Trainer: Vaya Phrachanh
ASI Level 4 Trainer (Surfing)
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 Surfing Instructor
ASI Level 2 Surfing Coach
ASI Level 3 Surfing Coach
Vaya is a highly experienced surf school operator, trainer and is an ASI Level 4 Master Surfing Coach and previously competed in local pro junior competitions.
He has been surf coaching beginner level to elite competition level for over 15 years. A number of his students have had notable successes on the surfing pro circuit.
He is the owner of Pines Surfing Academy, based in Wollongong NSW and operates at 3 different locations, employing a large number of instructors and assistants.
He has delivered thousands of hours of instruction to all levels of clients. He also organises the annual Pines Surfing Academy Inter-School Challenge with high schools, coming from near and far, competing against each other for the schools' trophy.
His surf school has won the "Peoples Choice" award in the Illawara Business Awards and were placed in the finals of the Tourism Category.
- Elite-advanced surfing skill
- Surfing contest competitor at Pro Junior level
- Surfing competition event organiser and director
- Surf boardrider club president over a number of seasons
Coaching and Training Experience
- Trains ASI instructors
- Surfing instructor, since 2000, coaching beginner to advanced level
- Personal coach for competition surfing skills, coaching national and international champions
- Australian Sports Commission - Active After-school Communities Coach
- Owner of surf school, Pines Surfing Academy.
- Organise and conduct surf camps and surf tours 1 day to overnights.
- ASI Level 4 Master Surfing Coach
- ASI Level 4 Trainer (Surfing)
- ASI Level 1 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
- Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) (PUA21004)
- IRB Crew Certificate
- Surf Lifesaving Silver Medallion Basic Beach Management
- Surf Lifesaving Bronze Medallion
- Apply First Aid HLTFA3O1B including CPR
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Surf School Finalist South Coast Business Awards 2009
- Surf School South Coast Tourism Awards 2008
- Surf School Illawarra Tourism Awards 2007
- Member of Wollongong surf lifesaving club
- Active patrolling lifesaver since 2004
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Ph: +61 2 93654170