ASI Trainer: Martin Connolly
ASI Trainer (Surfing)
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 Surfing Instructor
ASI Level 2 Surfing Coach
ASI Level 3 Surfing Coach
Martin is a highly experienced and an ASI Level 4 Master Surfing Coach, holding surf rescue and senior first aid qualifications. Martin is a top rate British surfer. He grew up in Plymouth, surfing the breaks in South Devon and North Cornwall and has also travelled to surf breaks around the world.
He is renowned as the leading forerunners of surf coaching techniques, as producer of the internationally best selling 110% Surf Techniques DVD Volumes 1&2.
Martin is owner of Discovery Surf School with over 12 years experience coaching beginner to elite surfers, competition skills and special programs for a range of clients. Also specialises in teaching children with Autism and disabled participants in surfing
Martin is also a Surf Life Saving GB Accredited Lifeguard Trainer and offers surf lifesaving/first aid workshops prior or after surfing instructor workshops.
- Elite-advanced surfing skill
- 25 years experience of surfing all over the world.
- Current English Masters Champion
- Experienced surfing competition event organiser and director.
- Hosts an annual surf contest for novices to competitors (who are used to competing nationally)
Coaching and Training Experience
- Owner of surf school: Surf Discovery Surf School. Established 2003
- Surfing instructor since 2001, instructing beginner to advanced levels
- Personal coach for high performance competition surfing skills
- Experienced at coaching competition national squad level (since 2001)
- Created surfing instructor training courses for children with Autism and disabled participants and to take these special lessons alongside the charity, Surf Relief.
- Created and produced surfing instructional DVD's '110% Surfing Techniques' (also an iphone App). The 2 volumes of 110% are magicseaweed.com's biggest selling surf DVD's ever.
- ASI Level 4 Trainer (Surfing)
- ASI Level 4 Master Surfing Coach
- Surf Lifesaving GB Trainer and Assessor
- SLSGB Beach Lifeguard
- SLSGB First Aid
- Plymouth City Council Autism Training Course
- Devon County Council Safeguarding Training Course.
- UK DBS working with children check
- Has worked as a full time lifeguard in the UK and Australia.
Challaborough Bay & Bigbury on-Sea, South Devon. TQ7 4HU England, UK
Our base is on Parkdean Campsite, a stones throw from Challaborough Beach. We have a class room, hot showers/changing room, Costa Coffee and a view of the surf.
Ph: +44 1548 810535
Ph Mobile: +447813 639 622