ASI Trainer: Alex Rista
ASI Level 1 Trainer (Surfing)
Qualified to Train:
ASI Level 1 Surfing Instructor
ASI Surfing Instructor Water Safety Rescue Award
Alex has a wealth of surfing instructor and surf school and surf camp operations experience.
He studied Education at University in Italy, and worked as an educational coordinator and trainer before moving to Portugal to pursue his interest in surfing.
He has been instructing all levels from beginner to advanced level since 2007. He has been Head Surfing Coach in charge of a team of surfing instructors and surf camp operations at a busy surf school located in the Algarve, Portugal.
Alex is an elite-advanced surfer and has travelled to various countries surfing.
He regularly assists in organising surfing competitions and is a member of the local surfing club and surfing association.
- Elite-advanced surfing skill
- Experience surfing in various countries
- Experienced at assisting in organising surfing competition events
- Member of the local surf club and surfing association
Coaching and Training Experience
- Trains ASI instructors in Portugal
- Head Coach: Algarve Surf School since 2009
- Surfing instructor since 2007, instructing beginner to advanced levels
- Educational coordinator / trainer working in the primary and secondary school sector
- ASI Level 1 Trainer (Surfing)
- ASI Level 2 Surfing Coach
- ASI Sports Coach Surfing Level 2 (ASI)
- ASI Level 1 Foundations of Sports Coaching (ASI)
- ASI Level 2 Foundations of Sports Coaching (ASI)
- ISA Level 1 Surfing Instructor
- IPDJ Level 1 Surfing Coach
- Bagnino di Salvataggio Lifeguard and First Aid
- Primeiros Socorros (First Aid)
- ASI Surfing Instructor Water Safety Rescue Award
- Diploma Universitario Scienze Educazione. Universita’ Studi Torino, Italy
Fluent in speaking and writing Italian (first language), Portuguese and English, French, Spanish
Sagres, Algarve Portugal
ASI Portugal office: +351 913594924