Level 1 Surfing Instructor
Enrol at any time.
Complete practical on-the-job instruction experience, assessments and course requirements, under the guidance of an ASI Trainer at an ASI Instructor Training Centre.
The ASI trainer will organise your practical hours, check your written assessments as you progress though the course and provide assistance as required.
Ideal for students who:
- Like to work with an ASI Trainer
- Require some flexibility in completing your qualification
- Complete all course requirements within 6 weeks
Complete course work:
- Complete written assessments.
- Complete practical on-the-job instruction experience (25 hours), as organised by your Trainer. Logbook hours and testimonial form to be signed by trainer.
- Provide surfing video, demonstrating intermediate level surfing manoeuvres - able to select appropriate, makeable wave and ride the wave effectively, demonstrating control and performing and linking intermediate level manoeuvres (bottom turn, top turn, cutback on forehand). See detailed assessment criteria at: ASI Level 6 Intermediate Surfer
(Note: Photos are not acceptable. However, photos performing high quality advanced level 9 to elite-advanced level 10 surfing manoeuvres, in the middle of turns can be submitted).
- Provide current copy of surf rescue and first aid certificates.
- Provide identification and headshot photo.
- Contact an ASI Trainer at an ASI Instructor Training Centre
- Confirm the Trainer has availability.
- Complete online enrolment form and payment - list the trainers name on the enrolment form.
- We post your training manuals to you.
- Complete training, with the trainer signing your Assessment and Competency Record Book.
- Email your surfing video to ASI
- Emaial or post your completed Assessment and Competency Record Book to ASI.
Completed over a period of up to 6 weeks.
Includes 25 hours practical on the job instruction experience and approx. 1-2 hours theory per week (feedback sessions and homework).
However, you have 12 months to complete all course requirements allowing you to work at your own pace.
Additional course information and requirements:
Please read prior to enrolling. Course Information
Level 1 Surfing Instructor Training Manual
Level 1 Assessment & Competency Record Book
ASI Learn to Surf for Beginners level DVD
ASI Learn to Surf - Intermediate level manual
12 months ASI membership