Level 1 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
Enrol at any time. Work at your own pace.
We post out your instructor manuals. Complete theory and practical course requirements and return the Assessment Record Book to ASI.
Ideal for students who:
- Require flexibility in completing their qualification
- Have prior outdoors instructing and teaching experience
- Are experienced stand up paddlers
- Working under the direction of an ASI accredited SUP school
Complete course work:
- Submit paddling location maps and written risk management plan for two locations.
- Submit video delivering part of a lesson to two people.
- Submit Video and paddling skills assessment critique of yourself
- Complete online quiz 40 multi-choice questions 100%
- Organise your practical on-the-job instruction experience (10 hours), under the guidance of an ASI SUP school owner (who is a qualified instructor). Logbook hours and testimonial form to be signed by the SUP school owner.
- Provide current copies of water rescue and first aid certificates
- Provide identification and headshot photo.
If you are not able to demonstrate competent enclosed flat water paddling skills in the first submission, one additional video assessment can be submitted for free.
- Complete online enrolment form and payment, listing the SUP school name where you will be completing your practical hours.
- We post your training manuals to you.
- Complete written assessments in the Assessment and Competency Record Book.
- Complete your practical hours and have the hours signed by SUP school owner.
- Email or post video and your completed Assessment and Competency Record Book to ASI.
You can complete the flexible learning course within 2 to 4 weeks if you dedicate time to finish theory assessments and practical on the job experience.
However, you have 12 months to complete all course requirements allowing you to work at your own pace.
Additional course information and requirements:
Please read prior to enrolling. Course Information
Level 1 Stand Up Paddle Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water) Training Manual
SUP Instructor Assessment and Competency Record book
ASI membership valid for 12 months
Access to the ASI online SUP video library