How to Become an ASI Stand Up Paddle Instructor
Why do an ASI SUP Instructor Qualification?
- Pioneers in SUP instruction and the first to introduce levels and pathways now adopted by much of the industry.
- ASI offers the most comprehensive qualifications framework and career pathways for SUP Instructors. allowing you to obtain higher and other SUP qualifications.
- Widely acknowledged as the most robust and complete SUP instructor training in the world.
- ASI holds Education Department approvals, which means we abide by high educational standards for awarding bodies.
- It is the only truly international SUP training and accreditation organisation recognised globally, which means you can work in countries around the world including the UK, Europe, USA, Australia, Bali Taiwan, China and many more
- The ASI qualification levels are structured around the water environment type and the type of activity. Different environments and activities have different safety and teaching techniques.
- is the environment enclosed flat waters or in the ocean?
- is it SUP lessons and tours or something more specialised like SUP Yoga, downwinding, etc.
- You could develop your SUP coaching skills and progress to higher levels like SUP Technical Coach or to become a SUP yoga teacher, a SUP surfing coach or perhaps a SUP fitness instructor - You could even start your own ASI accredited SUP school.
You can travel the world, work with like-minded people, escape the office and make your life an adventure.
At last count 6,000 instructors have been gained their instructor qualification through ASI, so join the strength.
First Aid and Rescue certificates can also be provided after you have enrolled.
What are the Training Delivery Options ?
ASI offers a range of training delivery options
Workshop : Face to face training. An intensive course that focuses on the major components, with the ability to interact with the trainer and the group.
Online : Study in your own time with ASI's e-learning platform. Upload video to demonstrate skills.
Flexible Trainer : Complete theory online, then organise a private session with a trainer to complete the practical assessments, at a time that suits you.
Update: Is for ASI instructors whose qualification has expired.
ASI E-learning platform
You are set up on the ASI e-learning platform with access to e-learning manuals, assessments and resources.
You have up to 12 months to complete the course requirements. All your information is logged on the ASI e-learning platform, so you can keep track of where you are at.
How do I Enrol ?
Choose a workshop location, flexible trainer or online.
Are you Teaching in Exposed Waters?
Choose Combined SUP L1, L2, Rescue - to enrol in all 3 course modules.