Bodyboard Wise Advanced Bodyboarder
Once you have completed your intermediate level, you are now ready to learn a range of new manoeuvres.
Demonstrate ability to control the board and link advanced level bodyboarding manoeuvres, above the lip.
Locations and Conditions
River mouth breaks
Surf up to 6 ft (2 metres)
Free from hazards
Have the skills and knowledge at the intermediate bodyboarder level
Bodyboard, fins (flippers), arm leash
- Predict surf conditions based on weather conditions and geographical land formations.
- Identify how to customise your bodyboard and accessories based on your personal attributes, skill and the conditions
- Identify characteristics of the advanced bodyboarder
- Identify techniques to generate speed and power
- Identify methods to negotiate advanced waves
- Identify safe take-off techniques
- Identify correct exiting of waves and wipeout techniques
- ARS (air, roll, spin)
- Tube riding
- Back flip
- Drop knee (slash, tail slide, floater)
ASI Learn to Bodyboard Advanced level student workbook or logbook
ASI Advanced Level Bodyboarder Participation Certificate
20 sessions (1- 2 hrs each session) + practice
100-200 hours in total (depending on personal sports abilty and previous ocean experience).
Book into Bodyboard Wise