(Workshop) SUP Wise for Instructors
Carbis Bay, St Ives, Cornwall, UK
Times and Dates
8:00 am - 11:00 am
21-May-2021 - 21-May-2021
Online training manuals
Bring to Workshop
Carbis Bay, St Ives TR26 2NW Cornwall
at Ocean Sports Centre (on the beach),
There is limited parking available. Parking fees apply. Approximately £5 per day.
NOTE: You can only enrol in this course if you are currently enrolled in the ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water) course.
SUP Wise for Instructors
Friday. 21 May 2021. 8am to 11am (3 hrs)
Ocean Sports Centre are providing local support for the ASI training, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
See SUP/courses page.
Some accommodation options are listed below:
- Coast B&B, Carbis Bay - TR26 2RT (15 mins walk) website
- The Atlantic Hotel, Carbis Bay - TR26 2SB (15 mins walk) website
- Cohert Hostel, St Ives - TR26 1FF (20 min walk. 10 mins drive) website
- The Badger Inn, St Ives - TR26 3JT (20 min walk. 5 mins drive) website
- Green Apple B&B, St Ives - TR26 2SX (10 min walk.) website
- Travelodge Premier Inn, Hayle - TR27 5DG (10-15 mins drive) website
- Nanterrowfarm B&B, Hayle - TR27 5BP (20-25 min drive). website
- Open Lodge B&B, Hayle - TR14 0JJ (20-25 min drive). Ph: 01209610651
- White Heart Hotel, Hayle - TR27 4HQ (10-15 mins drive)
- Gwithian Holiday Apartments, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (18-25 mins drive) website
Camping & Cabins
- Hellesveor Holidays Caravan & Camping - TR26 3AD (10-15 mins drive) website
- Polmanter Caravan & Camping - TR26 3LX (10-15 mins drive) website
- Ayr Holiday Park - TR26 1EJ Camping & Cabins (10-20 mins drive) website
Newquay. (Approx. 38 miles, 50 minute drive to training venue)
Taxi's and car rentals available at airport.
Closest train station:
Carbis Bay Railway Station. Next to the training venue at Carbis Bay hotel. 5 minute walk.
Hayle.. 10 mins walk to the training room at Hayle.
Closest bus station:
Carbis Bay, Count House Lane (stop). 10 minute walk
Hayle. 5 mins walk to training room
The following equipment and clothing is required to complete the training:
- SUP board & coiled leash
- SUP clothing
- Access to computer
If you are travelling and don’t have your SUP board or SUP gear, you can hire it from Ocean Sports Centre.
Ph: +44 7533 695 031
Please contact the trainer in advance to organise.
Equipment can be stored overnight at the venue.
Carbis Bay is a seaside resort in Cornwall, only one mile south east of St Ives.
It is a sheltered bay with Mediterranean blue waters and offers ideal supping conditions.
Inland flat water locations are close by at Hayle and St Ives.
Outside the bay, is excellent downwinding conditions with a range of routes depending on the prevailing wind conditions.
Right on the water, at Carbis Bay, is a restaurant and a cafe, changing rooms and parking facilities.
Nearby St Ives offers a range of activities and the famous Tate Gallery. The beach and coastline offers stunning ocean views.