Combined SUP Courses: L1, L2, Rescue, SUP Wise
Carbis Bay, St Ives, Cornwall, England, UK
Times and Dates
9:00 am - 17:00 pm
13-May-2019 - 16-May-2019
Four (4) x ASI instructor certifications: (1) SUP Water Safety Rescue Award, (2) L1 SUP Instructor Enclosed Flat Water & (3) L2 SUP Instructor Exposed Waters & (4) SUP Wise for Instructors Foundation Skills
Access to SUP video library
12 months ASI membership
Bring to Workshop
Training Room, Ocean Sports Centre (on the beach), Carbis Bay, St Ives TR26 2NW Cornwall
There is limited parking available. Parking fees apply. Approximately £5 per day.
Enrol into 4 (four) ASI SUP instructor qualifications at the same time and take advantage of the combined workshop discount fee.
Delivered over 4 days, it’s the ideal way to get qualified.
Early bird rate is available if you enrol and pay in advance.
(click link for course information and requirements)
SUP Wise for Instructors Foundation Skills
Mon. 13 May 2019. 8am to 11am (3 hrs)
SUP Water Safety Rescue Award (Flat Water)
Mon. 13 May 2019. 12pm to 5pm (half day)
Level 1 SUP Instructor (Enclosed Flat Water)
Tue-Wed. 14-15 May 2019. 9am to 5pm (2 days)
Practical held at nearby inland water location - Hayle or St Ives.
Level 2 SUP Instructor (Exposed Waters)
Thurs. 16 May 2019. 9am to 5pm (1 day)
Ocean Sports Centre are providing local support for the ASI Instructor workshops, providing a wealth of local area knowledge.
Ocean Sports Centre can also provide on-the-job practical experience.
Read the course information and requirements before enrolling.
See links under Course Schedule.
Within 12 months for attending the workshop, instructors must submit a:
-Water Rescue Certificate
-Senior First Aid certificate
Your SUP instructor certificate/s will not be issued until these are received.
After the workshop you will complete practical hours experience.
Some accommodation options are listed below:
- Coast B&B, Carbis Bay - TR26 2RT (15 mins walk) £45 - £85 per night website
- The Atlantic Hotel, Carbis Bay - TR26 2SB (15 mins walk) £50 - £85 per night website
- Cohert Hostel, St Ives - TR26 1FF (20 min walk. 10 mins drive). £18 share room. £40 per night private website
- The Badger Inn, St Ives - TR26 3JT (20 min walk. 5 mins drive) £60 per night website
- Green Apple B&B, St Ives - TR26 2SX (10 min walk.) £40 per night website website
- Travelodge Premier Inn, Hayle - TR27 5DG (10-15 mins drive) ₤30 - ₤70 per night website
- Nanterrowfarm B&B, Hayle - TR27 5BP (20-25 min drive). ₤25 per night website
- Open Lodge B&B, Hayle - TR14 0JJ (20-25 min drive). ₤25 per night Ph: 01209610651
- White Heart Hotel, Hayle - TR27 4HQ (10-15 mins drive) £50 - £85 per night website
- Gwithian Holiday Apartments, Gwithian - TR27 5BW (18-25 mins drive) ₤50 - ₤75 per night. Min 2 nights. website
Camping & Cabins
- Hellesveor Holidays Caravan & Camping - TR26 3AD (10-15 mins drive) Camping £20 - £27 per night. Cabins min. 3 nights £60 - 80 per night website
- Polmanter Caravan & Camping - TR26 3LX (10-15 mins drive) website
- Ayr Holiday Park - TR26 1EJ Camping & Cabins (10-20 mins drive) website
Newquay. (Approx. 38 miles, 50 minute drive to training venue)
Taxi's and car rentals available at airport.
Closest train station:
Carbis Bay Railway Station. Next to the training venue at Carbis Bay hotel. 5 minute walk.
Closest bus station:
Carbis Bay, Count House Lane (stop). 10 minute walk
Please bring the following equipment:
- Flat water SUP board & coiled leash
- SUP paddling clothing
Your board and gear can be left overnight at the training room venue.
If you are travelling and don’t have your SUP board or SUP gear, you can loan it from Ocean Sports Centre.
Ph: +44 7533 695 031
Please contact the trainer in advance to organise.
Carbis Bay is a seaside resort in Cornwall, only one mile south east of St Ives.
It is a sheltered bay with Mediterranean blue waters and offers ideal supping conditions.
Inland flat water locations are close by at Hayle and St Ives.
Outside the bay, is excellent downwinding conditions with a range of routes depending on the prevailing wind conditions.
Right on the water, at Carbis Bay, is a restaurant and a cafe, changing rooms and parking facilities.
Nearby St Ives offers a range of activities and the famous Tate Gallery. The beach and coastline offers stunning ocean views.