Master Surfing Coaches are the most experienced instructors in the world. They have elite-advanced surfing skill, coaching competition skills and have been an accredited surfing instructor for a minimum of 10 years.
Coach individuals and groups to improve advanced to elite-advanced level surfing ability.
Coach competition surfing skills and strategy.
Elite-advanced level surf locations in surf over 6ft (2 metres)
Surfing instructor in the surfing or outdoor recreation industry.
Industry job roles that require surfing knowledge (e.g. marketing, sales, retail)
Competition surfing coach
- Identify and manage surfing risks/hazards
- Emergency processes and response
- Coaching practices, styles and legal and ethical responsibilities
- Prepare and conduct individualised long-term surfing competition training programs
- Evaluate and modify competition coaching programs
Before starting this course, you must:
- Have at elite-advanced surfing skill and knowledge level. Able to perform and link advanced level manoeuvres including roundhouse cut-back, floater, snap, vertical re-entry, tube ride, in surf over 6ft (2 metres) at different surf breaks
- Hold current ASI Level 3 Surfing Coach certificate.
- Minimum of 10 years recent surfing instruction experience.
The ASI Level 4 Master Surfing Coach course can be completed by:
Delivery Option - Workshop
In order to gain your Level 4 Master Surfing Coach qualification, you will need to prepare
At the workshop:
- Complete written assessments.
After the workshop:
- Provide 2 x coaching progams for students you have coached.
Before or after the workshop, provide copies of:
- Personal identification (e.g drivers licence or passport)
- Surf Rescue certificate and Senior First Aid certificate, OR Lifesaving (Combined Rescue & First Aid certificate).
Surf Rescue: Date of certificate is no more than 2 years old from date of completion (or 1 year old for Australia) Find Approved Surf Rescue Training Providers
Senior First Aid: The certificate date must be no more than 3 years old from date of completion. Find Description and Approved Senior First Aid Training Providers
You have 12 months from date of workshop to complete all course requirements.
Workshop: 1 day
Plus: post workshop projects
What we provide:
Level 4 Master Surfing Coach Training Manual
Level 4 Assessment & Competency Record Book
ASI Learn to Surf Advanced Level manual
Use of the ASI Level 4 Master Surfing Coach Logo
12 months membership
Equipment required to complete the training:
- Suitable surf clothing
- Fibreglass surfboard to demonstrate elite-advanced surfing skills.
ASI Level 4 Master Surfing Coach
(valid for 12 months from date of workshop)
Additional certificate issued: